Madrona Building Solutions provides homeowners and renters a variety of energy analysis and consulting services to reduce their energy usage and transition from natural gas and other fossil fuels to cleaner electric power. All of these offerings come with a comprehensive report that is customized for your home with clear action items and implementation support.
- We assist the building industry with Energy Code Compliance for new construction and remodels including reviewing plan details, testing building envelope and mechanical system testing and advising on low cost strategies for obtaining energy credits
- An Energy Audit is a great first step to understand how energy is used in your home and what measures can reduce your energy usage. Our energy audits conform to RESNET guidelines including blower door testing, thermal imaging and combustion safety testing.
- An Electrification Consultation helps transition homes off natural gas and other fossil fuels and move towards efficient electric alternatives, without sacrificing comfort or convenience.
- An HVAC Consultation evaluates the performance of existing heating, cooling, ventilation and hot water systems and makes suggestions for high efficiency replacements.
- A Building Envelope Consultation looks at insulation, air sealing, and ventilation strategies. We include a walkthrough evaluation of the home, blower door testing, and thermal imaging.
Indoor Air Quality Consulting
As a society, we spend 90% of our time indoors. The COVID-19 pandemic has only amplified how much time we spend inside, particularly in our houses. Therefore it is important to understand how the indoor environment may impact human health.
- A Healthy Home Inspection combines an investigation of common safety hazards often found during a routine home inspection along with a wide ranging environmental analysis of a home’s interior. During the Healthy Building Assessment, we provide a thorough investigation of a home’s health and safety including indoor air quality, water quality, moisture issues, and toxins.
- We offer Indoor Air Quality consulting services for those suffering from asthma or allergies, or anyone wanting to improve the air quality in their homes.
- With Water Quality Testing, we collect samples and submit to an EPA-certified lab for comprehensive at an affordable rate.
A Home Inspection checks all of the major home’s systems to ensure safety, durability, and comfort. It is typically conducted in conjunction with the sale of a home, although it can also be a great resource to learn about maintenance needs of a home or potential safety hazards. During the inspection, we evaluate all major systems of a home – structural, roof and exterior, HVAC, electrical, plumbing –to ensure everything is operating as expected. Madrona Building Solutions provides a detailed yet easy to understand report that goes over all of our findings.
We will perform custom building testing and consulting services with a focus on identifying opportunities to the building envelope, HVAC systems and indoor air quality. Custom services offered include:
- Blower Door Testing
- Duct Testing
- Ventilation Testing
- Mold Testing
- Water Quality Testing
We offer comprehensive ASHRAE Level 1 and Level 2 energy audits to most commercial buildings under 20,000 sq ft. A Level 1 is a more basic service where we provide insight into how energy is used within the building and identify measures that could improve energy usage or suggest further analysis. A Level 2 audit is a more detailed audit where we utilize specialized tools and perform cost-effectiveness calculations.
- Level 1: Client Interview, Review Energy Bills, Walkthrough Audit
- Level 2: Includes Level 1 + Diagnostic testing, Energy Calculations, Financial Analysis